|A Dozen Von Doughnuts!|
Doughnuts left to right, top to bottom: Peanut Butter Jelly Time, The Sappy Pig, Crème Brûlée (x2), Triple Chocolate, Macaroon, Caramel Salt 'N' Pepa, Rhubarb, Not Your Granny's Fritter, One Night Stand, Pucker Up Sucker, Triple Chocolate (again).
Von Doughnuts celebrated National Doughnut Day by giving away a free Von Kabob (think doughnut holes on a stick) with the purchase of a dozen doughnuts. It was technically our first stop on our doughnut tour but we decided to consume them after our tour was over. Unfortunately, Von Doughnuts didn't have the Kabobs ready that early in the morning (it was 8am-ish) but we bought a dozen anyway! :D
- Crème Brûlée
- A familiar concept that is reinvented over and over again.
- It's the first time I've seen it in doughnut form... and it comes with a nice vanilla bean filling.
- They actually take a torch to the top of the doughnut and create an irresistible crispy top layer!
- Caramel Salt 'N' Pepa
- See Jelly Modern Doughnuts... you can't go wrong with a sweet and salty flavour profile... and this one's got a bite of pepper!
- Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- This doughnut was true to form... it was comforting in that it made you nostalgic and recall all those childhood memories!
- This doughnut showcases what you can achieve with in-house homemade fillings!
- Pucker Up Sucker
- This doughnut is a clear winner!
- An awesome slice of baked meringue sandwiched in between a doughnut base that gives it that extra texture component.
- The tart lemon custard and drizzle makes you crave more!
- One Night Stand
- You can really pick out all the flavours on this boozy doughnut containing triple sec and tequila with salt and lime as the chasers!
- It's a clean and refreshing doughnut.
- Who would have thought acidic rhubarb would work in a doughnut?
- Sappy Pig
- This doughnut has a delicious savoury component in the form of crispy bacon! The dark chocolate prevents this doughnut from becoming a super salty experience though. Throw in some sweet maple and you have a match made in heaven.
- Creative doughnuts with whimsical names!
- They execute classics nicely.
- The flavour combinations were well balanced.
- One of the better doughnut shops in the city.
- Although, I personally would prefer denser doughnuts... denser but also richer... not denser like a Dutchie.